1. Start by blow-drying hair with a large barreled round brush, lifting at the roots to create volume.
2. To up the volume on top of your head, roll the hair that is closest to your face up, over and away from your face with the brush; focusing heat from dryer on the roots of your hair (you can finally use that narrow nozel that came with your dryer, score).
3. When hair is completely dry, pull hair back into medium-high ponytail and secure with elastic.
4. Loosen ponytail and then pull tight again. This will add some volume to top of head. If you have a comb with a long, skinny handle, you can also use that to ever-so-gently lift the top of your hair (key word here: gently).
5. Twist and wrap ponytail around elastic, secure with pins, and spray with a strong hold hairspray.
Rate this photo: