1. Spritz hair with a texturizing spray and use a diffuser to create a lightly tousled base.
2. To keep height in the crown, push hair forward and backcomb the hair underneath. It might look too tall, but it should be much larger than you think it should be.
3. Flip hair back down and set a front part. Spray some hairspray on a boar bristle brush and lightly smooth the top area.
4. Now work the sides back, smoothing hair from the sides only. (Don't deflate your volume up top.) Secure the pieces with bobby pins at the back of your head.
5. Use a medium sized curling iron to curl the bottom half of your hair, and set the look with a strong-hold hairspray.
Rate this photo: