1. Section off dry hair just at the crown of your head. Using a rattail comb, tease 1-inch chucks of hair close to the root. Spray each chuck after teasing with hairspray.
2. Once crown of hair is completely teased, lightly brush back hair to control shape and size of bump and pin into place at the back of your head. (Alternately, use a Bumpit, of infomercial fame.)
3. Sweep the front section of hair, closest to your face, to the side and pin behind your ear.
4. With the rest of your hair, carefully sculpt back into a medium-height ponytail, making sure the sides of your head are smooth.
5. Twist unfastened tail counterclockwise up towards the ceiling and into a French twist, tucking the ends at the top back into the twist and pinning with bobby pins as you go. Spray the entire head with bulletproof hairspray, er ... the strongest hairspray you can find.
See More Beyonce Knowles Hairstyles
Rate this photo: