1. Apply gel to hair then roughly blow dry straight using a paddle brush if hair is curly, or your hands if hair is already straight. Don't get fancy or waste too much time with your blowout as you'll be adding texture later.
2. When hair is dry, spritz all over with a heat protectant spray and comb through.
3. Run a thin straightening iron through a small, 1-inch section of hair to warm strands. Then, slowly pass the iron over the same section, twisting the iron back and forth with your wrist as you move down the length of the hair.
4. Continuing crimping sections of hair in a haphazard manner. Trust us, not even Diaz could pull off a perfectly crimped coif.
5. Rub a bit of a glossing pomade between your palms then scrunch through hair. Pull waves back into a low ponytail, leaving some face-framing fringe.
Rate this photo: