1. If hair is wavy, start by applying a smoothing cream and blow dry straight with a flat paddle brush.
2. Apply a medium-hold gel to saturate hair and with a fine-tooth comb create a side part.
3. Starting at the top of the part begin French braiding towards your ear with about three inches worth of hair.
4. Once your braid is long enough to pass your ear hold it in place while you comb back the rest of your hair into a tight ponytail, securing the end of the braid and the ponytail together with an elastic.
5. Twist ponytail around the base of your elastic creating a low bun and pin in place with bobby pins.
See More Gwyneth Paltrow Hairstyles
Rate this photo: