1. To get Jennifer Hudson's hairstyle, apply a shine serum to damp hair then blow dry evenly using a paddle brush.
2. Once your hair is dry, create a deep side part and gather your hair over to one side. For best results, your braid should be on the opposite side of your part.
3. Allow the front of your hair to drape over your face, then loosely secure your hair to the side with an elastic.
4. Create a hole between your elastic and your scalp, then loop your ponytail ends through it. Make sure to loop inward and down towards your shoulder.
5. Begin making a fishtail braid with your ponytail ends, then secure with an elastic. Loosen the braid with your fingers to create a slightly messy look.
6. Finish with a flexible-hold hairspray.
See More Jennifer Hudson
Rate this photo: