1. To get Jennifer Lawrence's hairstyle, start with unwashed hair. It's easier to work with dirtier hair for an updo hairstyle, especially a French twist.
2. Take small sections of hair and back-comb 1-inch at the roots to achieve a voluminous crown.
3. Brush hair back towards the right shoulder, holding it tightly against the back of the head. Make sure to gather hair tightly at the nape of the neck tight, or it will get saggy and your twist will hang.
4. Insert a bobby pin diagonally from the center of the nape toward the right ear. Repeat with four or five additional pins (positioned diagonally), moving up the center of the head to ear level.
5. Twist the free section of hair upward and toward the left shoulder. The twist should be flush against the back of the head -- the ends should be sticking up from the top. Make sure that the roll covers the bobby pins.
6. Starting at the nape and moving upward, insert five or six bobby pins into the twist horizontally (from the center toward the right). Fold the loose ends into the twist and secure with a pin.
8. Pull loose strands around your face and curl with a 2-inch curling iron for a softer look.
9. Flat iron your bangs for a sleeker look and brush them down.
9. Mist hair generously with hairspray to keep the look set all day.
See More Jennifer Lawrence Hairstyles
Rate this photo: