1. Gather hair into a side pony, leaving half of your hair out at the front. Secure with an elastic.
2. Curl ponytail with a 1-inch curling iron.
3. To get a bit of texture, grab random sections of the ponytail and tease them with a comb, then gently smooth out with a brush. Mist with hairspray.
4. Tie the ponytail into a knot, pinning into place with as many pins as it takes. If a few strands pop out, leave them. You want a slightly messy finish.
5. Part the front of your hair in the center and gather the sides loosely back, wrapping ends that are long enough around the elastic to cover it. Pin into place.
6. Set with more hairspray.
Rate this photo: