1. As always, when volume is key, apply volumizing mousse to wet hair at the roots. Blow dry with a diffuser and a large round brush, creating body and waves.
2. Part hair slightly to one side, and, using a large-barrel curling iron, curl 2-inch sections of hair all over the sides and back of head. Don't curl the bangs.
3. From the middle of your head on each side, gather a 1- or 2-inch section of hair towards the back of your head, halfway down between your crown and the nape of your neck. Form it into a ponytail and secure it with an elastic band or a pretty clip.
4. Lightly separate curls with your fingers; don't break up the curls, but break large sections of curls into several smaller ones, pointing in various directions to create a fuller look.
5. Use a straightening iron to smooth out your bangs, sweeping them off to each side of your head. Set the whole look with a medium-hold hairspray.
Rate this photo: