1. Rub a curl enhancing cream through damp hair, and comb it through with your fingers.
2. Split your hair in two, and tightly braid both sides. Don't tie the ends of your braids with an elastic (unless you want an ugly crease at the bottom of your hair.)
3. Instead, twist both braids into a bun at the sides of your head and wrap the elastic around to hold them in place without creasing hair. This will also give your waves more volume.
4. The next morning, take your hair down and shake out your waves. If they look too poofy, spritz them with spray gel and pat them down.
5. Put some styling wax on your fingers and rub the ends of your hair to give it a piece-y look. Do the same with your bangs if you've got them.
See More Nicole Richie Hairstyles
Rate this photo: