1. Apply a styling cream to hair, then blow dry straight.
2. Once hair is dry, separate your bangs from the rest of your hair. We'll deal with them later.
3. For the hair behind the bangs, lift small sections of hair and hold them straight up. Use a comb to backcomb hair down toward the scalp, just at the back of the section. Keep in mind that the goal is volumized roots, not 80s Hair Metal band hair.
4. Once you've teased along the entire crown, use a boar-bristle brush to pull hair back into a high ponytail and smooth (not flatten) it on the surface. Secure hair in back with a rubber band.
5. Twist the length of your hair into a French twist and secure with pins. Spritz with hairspray.
6. To style the bangs, re-wet with water if dry. Then, use a round brush to blow dry straight, twisting the brush at the ends to create a soft bend.
See More Penelope Cruz Hairstyles
Rate this photo: