1. To get this look, first apply a volumizing mousse to towel-dried hair.
2. Next, blow dry hair using a large round brush. Lift hair up and away from the scalp as you dry to create volume, and turn the brush as you dry the length for slightly turned-under ends.
3. Once hair is dry, begin backcombing small sections of hair at the crown. Focusing your teasing attention toward the top of your head and working on the sides less will keep you from looking like you have a lion's mane.
4. To make the pouf, gather the sides and top of your hair and brush the top over the teased sections. Twist the section as you push hair forward, then pin the twist in place to secure.
5. Spray with a medium-hold hairspray to hold the look in place.
Rate this photo: