You've got your dress, your shoes, and your accessories, but what about your hair? Why not consider one of these 10 amazing styles?
Even though this look is from the '20s, it's never really gone out of style, judging by the celebs that continue to wear it on the red carpet. Celebrity hairstylist Ben Thigpen explains how to get the look:
1. Prep washed hair for styling by applying a strong-hold gel throughout your hair.
2. Create a deep side part.
3. Lay your middle finger next to your part, firmly place your comb against the inside of your finger that is on the other side of the part.
4. To make the finger wave, pull your comb along your finger continuing to hold your middle finger firmly against your head. Comb through your hair without lifting the comb creating a nice wave.
5. Lay your index finger next to your middle finger, then use your index finger to hold the finished finger wave in place.
6. Hold the finger wave with your finger, pull the comb back the opposite way to create the next finger wave about 1-inch or so below the first one. You should have one finger wave with the waves flowing in one direction and a second wave with the waves flowing the other direction.
7. Place a clip on the tip of the wave being curled horizontally, parallel to your part. Alternate the direction of the clips after each wave, so the clip is going in the direction of the wave.
8. Carefully moving your hand, reposition your middle finger over the second finger wave. Hold the wave in place while making a third finger wave. The waves should flow the same direction as the first finger wave. Working your way down your head, continue alternating directions, until you've created the desired look.
9. Let your hair air dry or use a diffuser on low heat. Finish by misting the look with a strong-hold hairspray.
for signing up!
Please add us to your safe send list
so our emails land in your inbox.