Look 2 in real life
Her thoughts: For the hair, I knew the hardest thing would be getting volume. Ever since I got my Brazilian Blowout, my hair has been flat, flat, flat. Here’s what I did:
For my hair:
1. I skipped conditioner in the shower, because I wanted my hair to be workable. You could use volumizing shampoo if you have it.
2. On clean damp hair, I liberally sprayed Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray, $3.49 to my roots and mid-shaft of my hair in 1 to 2 inch sections.
3. I sprayed a texturing sea spray into my hair to give it a rougher texture. I used Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray, $14.79, which smells amazing BTW.
4. I flipped my hair upside down, and rough blow dried it with my hands.
5. I added four pieces of hair extensions to give girth to my braid.
6. Since I have bangs, I used wax to keep them up and pinned them in the back with bobby pins.
7. I pulled all my hair to one side and began braiding.
8. I pulled out loose strands and sprayed the whole look with Sally Hershberger Salon Body Fix, $24.
The makeup look was very minimalistic with just a clean face and a bold orange lip.
1. After my usual moisturizing routine, I used Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, $32 before applying Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, $40.
2. Then to really get a matte face, I used Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55, $11.99 allover starting from the center of my face out.
3. I contoured the bridge of my nose with Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra-Smoothing Bronzer, $13.99.
4. I filled in my brows with Benefit Brow Zing, $30.
5. I just slightly used orange blush to help emphasize the orange lips. I used Shu Uemura Primal Mix Blush in Soul, $24 my summer favorite (it’s a limited edition shade).
6. Finally, I used Mac Lipstick in Toxic Tale, $28, part of their Villians collection.
I actually got positive feedback from my coworkers. They kept saying that it was a “good look” for me and didn’t look weird at all. I actually love that I was able to get some volume in my hair, though it wasn’t as much as the model. After work, to tame it down a bit, I lowered the volume at the crown of my head and wore the look out to dinner and drinks for a high school reunion and my friends loved it. I’m always a fan of big braids, so if I ever feel like spending 30 minutes teasing my hair, then I would definitely wear this look again — maybe to my friend’s spring wedding.