Cursed with frizzy hair? Not anymore. The newest trend is all about embracing the frizz, instead of fighting it
When it comes to braids, the fishtail is definitely having a moment. What we love about this style of braid is how low-fuss and relaxed it is. You can dial up the laidback vibe even more by adding a bit of frizz to your fishtail. New York-based celebrity hairstylist Alejandra tells us how to get the style:
1. Start by adding Redken Volumizing Mousse, $18, to your damp hair, and then blow dry with a paddle brush.
2. Once dry, gather your hair loosely to one side and split in two sections. Begin to take a small section from the right side and bring it to the left side. Then take a section from the left side and bring it to the right side by crossing it over the previous section. This process will create a fishtail braid. (If you need help with your braid, click here for a fishtail braid video tutorial.)
3. Continue until you reach the end of your ponytail, and secure with an elastic.
4. Gently tug at your braid to loosen it without pulling out your hair completely.
5. Finally, gently go over your braid with a bristle brush to create even more frizzies for that unkempt look.
for signing up!
Please add us to your safe send list
so our emails land in your inbox.