1. To get Katy Perry's hairstyle, apply a smoothing balm to damp hair then blow dry straight using a round brush.
2. Once your hair is dry, create a deep center part then use a flat iron to loosely wave sections of your hair outward. Clamp your hair at the root, then run the iron down while twisting your wrist slightly outward to create loose waves.
3. Brush through your hair with a boar bristle brush, then separate a 3 to 5-inch section of your hair above your ear to be braided.
4. Braid the section down through to the ends and pull it over to the opposite side. Then, secure the piece with bobby pins.
5. Finish by spritzing your hair all over with hairspray.
See More Katy Perry Hairstyles
Rate this photo: