1. Start with a cut that has layers from your chin down.
2. Apply mousse throughout towel-dried hair and volumizing spray at the crown.
3. Blow dry, smoothing long bangs with a large round brush.
4. Pin the very top layer of your hair into large pin curls (or put them in Velcro rollers) while you curl the rest in different directions with a 1-inch barrel curling iron. (Or if your arm is screaming bloody murder, clip in long, wavy extensions to fast-track the look,)
5. Release the pin curls, mist with light, non-crispy hairspray, and scrunch curls all around with your fingers.
Rate this photo: