1. Apply volumizing mousse to damp hair.
2. Blow dry hair with a large paddle brush, brushing it under (with the brush under the hair as you pull it through). The paddle brush will help smooth out your hair. Blow dry bangs across forehead and off to the side.
3. Use a straightening iron to smooth out 2-inch sections of hair on the sides, in front and in back. Lightly tease hair at the crown of your head for a little extra volume. Smooth top layer over it.
4. Leaving bangs free, pull rest of hair back into a ponytail, based slightly above the nape of your neck and to the side, and secure with an elastic band.
5. For bangs, apply a small amount of hair wax to sweep them across your forehead and off to the side. Set the look with a light-hold hairspray.
See More Nicole Richie Hairstyles
Rate this photo: