Jessica Alba Chic, Sophisticated Updo with Braids and Twists
Jessica Alba's pretty updo is just a messy bun with a flirty touch. Steal her style:
1. Pick out a 2-inch section of hair at the front of both sides of your head, and pull the rest of your hair back into a ponytail.
2. Braid both sections of hair down to below your ear, and gather the braids up with the rest of your ponytail. Take a second elastic and wrap it around, creating a messy bun.
3. Mist your finished updo with a strong-hold hairspray.
See More Jessica Alba Hairstyles
Scarlett Johansson Wavy Romantic Updo
Scarlett Johansson's gorgeous updo is so fresh and romantic, perfect for prom or a wedding. Steal her style:
1. Work a curl cream through damp hair and partly air dry to create a wavy texture.
2. Use a diffuser while scrunching to create soft, defined curls. If your hair is naturally straight, use a 1/2-inch curling iron to curl the bottom half of your hair.
3. Gather your curls up into a loose bun, and pin down any loose curls to lift hair off your face.
4. Mist your elegant updo with a strong-hold hairspray to keep it in place.
See More Scarlett Johansson Hairstyles
Jennifer Lopez Medium, Curly, Tousled Hairstyle
Keira Knightley Sophisticated Updo with Bangs
Vera Farmiga Funky, Sophisticated Updo
Leona Lewis Long, Funky Hairstyle with Braids and Twists
Amanda Seyfried Straight, Chic Updo
Ashley Tisdale Long, Brunette Ponytail with Braids and Twists
Ashley Tisdale's twisted side pony has lots of flair -- so prom-perfect. Steal her style:
1. Apply a volumizing foam to your hair and section off a large strand of hair to the front of one side.
2. Twist the section loosely as you pull it back over your ear, and tighter as you get near your neck.
3. Now gather the rest of your hair and combine it with the end of the strand, and tie it into a low, side pony.
4. Curl the ends of your pony using a 1-inch curling iron, and wrap a strand of hair around the base and tuck the end into the elastic for a flawless finish.
Christina Ricci Sophisticated Updo with Braids and Twists
Carrie Underwood Blonde, Curly Prom Hairstyle
Carrie Underwood's messy curls are flirty and fun. Steal her style with tips from Herbal Essences celebrity stylist Charles Baker Strahan:
1. Apply mousse to roots and diffuse hair with a blow dryer to create a base of texture. Smooth out the front section with a round brush to create softness around the face.
2. Part hair to one side and pin back the front section with two bobby pins, creating an X. Place a pretty clip over the bobby pins for added bling.
3. For more precise curls, use a medium sized curling iron on the bottom portion of hair and spritz with a spray gel.
4. To keep body in the crown, mist the top of your head with a light-hold hairspray.
See More Carrie Underwood Hairstyles
Miley Cyrus Romantic Updo for Prom
Miley Cyrus' pretty updo is soft and romantic. See how to get the look:
1. Apply a volumizing cream to damp roots, flip your hair over and blow dry. Once your hair is dry, use a comb to tease the top and sides for volume.
2. Pull your hair back loosely, making sure to leave lots of volume at the top. Tie it into a messy bun, letting the ends stick out.
3. Mist your hair with hairspray. You can gently tug at your bun from both sides throughout the night to keep it nice and big.
Kate Beckinsale Funky, Brunette Updo
Selena Gomez Romantic, Prom Updo
Selena Gomez's elegant updo is prom-perfect. Steal her style:
1. First curl the bottom half of your dry hair with a 1-inch curling iron.
2. Apply a dry shampoo to your roots for texture and tease the top of your hair for volume.
3. Pull your hair back into a bun and leave out a few curls to frame your face.
4. Mist your finished 'do with hairspray, put on a pair of dangly earrings and you're ready to hop into the limo.
Sandra Bullock Formal, Romantic Hairstyle
1. Create a deep side part and apply a shine serum before blow drying hair straight.
2. Use a flat iron to straighten the top half of your hair, and curl the bottom of your hair with a large-barrel curling iron.
3. Tuck hair behind both ears, and bring one side over your shoulder for an elegant finish.
Josie Maran Formal Hairstyle with Braids and Twists
1. First create a front side part on dry hair and gather a small section of hair at the top. Twist it back and pin place.
2. Use a small-barrel curling iron to curl the rest of your hair. Run your fingers through curls the give them a little bit of a messy look.
3. Mist the entire look with hairspray to keep it in place while you're tearing it up on the dance floor. See More Josie Maran Hairstyles
Scarlett Johansson Curly, Brunette Half Updo
Scarlett Johansson's half updo is a great choice for a romantic moment. Steal her style:
1. To get started, apply a texturizing cream and roughly blow dry your hair. You're going to want it straight, but it can be somewhat messy.
2. Once your hair is completely dry, tease the hair at the crown of your head with a teasing comb until you're liking the height you've got.
3. Then, smooth over the top layer of hair over the teased section and pin into place at the back of your head. Pull back the sides of your hair and pin those into place, too. At this point don't worry if you have some flyways.
4. Then, take a curling iron, and curl the hair that's down, with a 1-inch barrel curling iron. Rake your hands through your hair when done to loosen it up just a little bit.
5. Finish off with a holding mist, but don't get too carried away. Sleek is not the goal here.
See More Scarlett Johansson Hairstyles