Marisa Tomei Medium, Sophisticated, Brunette Half Updo
Josie Maran Formal Hairstyle with Braids and Twists
1. First create a front side part on dry hair and gather a small section of hair at the top. Twist it back and pin place.
2. Use a small-barrel curling iron to curl the rest of your hair. Run your fingers through curls the give them a little bit of a messy look.
3. Mist the entire look with hairspray to keep it in place while you're tearing it up on the dance floor. See More Josie Maran Hairstyles
Vanessa Minnillo's Long, Brunette Half Updo
Shania Twain Wavy Half Updo
Nicky Hilton Straight Half Updo for Oval Faces
Julianne Hough Blonde, Curly Half Updo
Julianne Hough's curly half updo is perfect for those who have long hair and an oval face, and want a formal style for their next big occasion. How to do it:
1. To get started, rub a curling cream through your damp hair, making sure to get the tips, too.
2. Then, blow dry your roots with a diffuser -- don?t use a brush, just your fingertips.
3. Once hair is completely dry, section off hair and use a curling iron to create ringlets (spray hairspray before and after curling).
4. Next, create a side part, extending all the way to the back of your crown.
5. Pull back half of your hair on both sides of your face and join the two sides. Twist around the tips into a neat bun and pin to secure.
6. To finish, mist hair with a light-hold hairspray.
Jennifer Lopez Long, Straight Half Updo
Hilary Duff Brunette, Wavy Half Updo for Medium-Length Hair
Hilary Duff Long, Blonde Half Updo
Hilary Duff Long, Wavy Half Updo with Bangs
Eva Longoria Wavy, Romantic Half Updo
Eva Longoria Brunette, Straight Half Updo
Carrie Underwood Wavy Half Updo
Carrie Underwood's girly half updo is great for medium-length hair. What to do:
1. If your hair isn't thick, pump it up with a thickening spray and volumizer at the roots, then blow dry with a round brush for maximum volume.
2. Set hair with medium-sized hot rollers, then release when cool. Set curls with hairspray.
3. Tease random pieces for a "poofy" look. Comb bangs (or just the top, front section of hair) forward and backcomb (tease) a bit at the roots.
4. Smooth bangs back and slightly to the side, then pin in place with a decorative bobby pin or clip.
See More Carrie Underwood Hairstyles