Shailene Woodley with a Short, Brunette, Funky, Updo Hairstyle
Shailene Woodley’s Short, Brunette, Funky, Updo hairstyle puts the focus on a contemporary dress and contoured cheeks. Get the look:
1. To get Shailene Woodley’s hairstyle, apply a shine serum to damp hair and blow dry using a paddle brush. Pull your hair taut to make sure it stays straight. 2. Pull your hair back and pin it against the nape of your neck with bobby pins. 3. Slide a few feather accents into the side of your updo. 4. Finish with a strong-hold hairspray. See More Shailene Woodley Hairstyles
Anna Faris' Long, Blonde, Funky Updo Hairstyle with Bangs
1. To get Anna Faris' hairstyle, prepare damp hair by applying a texturizing cream and a heat protector.
2.Blow dry hair with a round brush, lifting at the roots for volume.
3. Once your hair is dry, pull your hair back into a ponytail and secure with an elastic. Make sure to leave out a few face-framing tendrils.
4. Wrap your ponytail around the elastic into a topknot and secure with bobby pins.
5. Use a ½-inch curling iron to curl tendrils away from your face.
6. Spritz a paddle brush with a light hold hairspray and brush over your bangs to keep frizz and flyaways in check.
See More Anna Faris Hairstyles
Katy Perry's Black, Edgy, Funky, Updo Hairstyle
Katy Perry's Black, Edgy, Funky, Updo Hairstyle is a creative style that makes a bold statement.
1. To get Katy Perry's hairstyle, apply a frizz-taming balm to damp hair, and then allow your hair to air dry.
2. Once your hair is dry, divide your hair into two sections. Create a vertical part down the center, from the front of your hairline to the nape of your neck. Clip one section off to the side.
3. Gather the other section of your hair up into a high ponytail on one side of your part. Use a soft bristle brush to slick the sides down as you go.
4. Twist the ponytail ends down the length, and then wrap it around the base of your elastic. Secure with a bobby pin.
5. Repeat on the opposite side. Your buns should be formed slightly wider than your eyes.
6. Finish with a strong-hold hairspray.
See More Katy Perry Hairstyles
Selena Gomez's Brunette, Funky, Updo Hairstyle with Braids
Selena Gomez's Brunette, Funky, Updo Hairstyle with Braids is a faux-hawk braid with added volume. Get the look:
1. To get Selena Gomez's hairstyle, start with unwashed hair.
2. Take a small section at the front of your head and comb it back using a fine-toothed comb. Then smooth the front down and pin the hair into a small bouffant with bobby pins.
3. Using a paddle brush, smooth back the sides of your hair and create 5 ponytails down the middle of your head. Secure each with a small elastic.
4. Now start at the highest ponytail and braid the hair loosely down, gathering the hair from each ponytail as you move down the back of your head. Once you reach the end of your hair, secure with elastics.
5. Loosen up the braid to create an undone look and then hide the ponytail elastics by pinning the braid down with bobby pins.
6. Finish with a medium hold hairspray.
See More Selena Gomez Hairstyles
Kelly Osbourne's Edgy, Funky, Chic, Updo Hairstyle
Rosamund Pike's Funky, Tousled, Blonde, Updo Hairstyle
Alicia Keys' Funky, Black, Party, Updo Hairstyle
Rihanna's Funky, Wavy, Black, Updo Hairstyle
Rihanna's Funky, Wavy, Black, Updo Hairstyle is the perfect foundation for a fun hair accessory. Steal her style:
1. To get Rihanna's hairstyle, apply a heat protectant to damp hair and blow dry using a vented brush.
2. Create a side part and use a 2-inch barrel curling iron to curl all of your hair. Clamp down, spray each section with a medium hold hairspray, and hold for a few moments before releasing.
3. Gather all of your hair to one side and tightly secure with an elastic near the top of your ear. Take a small piece of hair from your side pony and wrap it around the elastic to conceal it. Secure with a bobby pin.
4.Mist your hair with a medium-hold hairspray and tie on a head wrap for an extra touch.
See More Rihanna Hairstyles
Stacy Keibler's Funky, Party, Updo, Ponytail, Hairstyle
Cameron Diaz's Wavy, Funky, Blonde, Updo Hairstyle with Bangs
Kelly Osbourne's Edgy, Funky, Party, Updo Hairstyle
Kelly Rowland's Funky, Curly, Black, Updo Hairstyle
Alicia Keys' Funky, Party, Black, Updo Hairstyle with Braids and Twists
Elizabeth Bank's Edgy, Funky, Blonde, Updo Hairstyle
Gwen Stefani's Funky, Blonde, Updo Hairstyle
1. To get Gwen Stefani's hairstyle, apply hairspray or a texturizing cream to day old hair. 2. Twist a 1 1/2 or 2-inch section of hair from the front crown toward the back of your head and secure with a bobby pin. 3. Using your hands, finger-comb your hair into a high ponytail. 4. Coil the pony tail into a tight bun and secure with bobby pins, making sure the bun is placed high atop the head. 5. Pull out face-framing wisps. You can also pull down hair around the nape of the neck for extra softness. See More Gwen Stefani Hairstyles
Amber Tamblyn's Tousled, Funky, Brunette, Updo Hairstyle with Bangs
1. To get Amber Tamblyn's hairstyle, mist day-old hair with a texturizing spray to insure extra dimension. 2. Brush hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic. Leave the bangs out of the pony. 3. As you pull the ponytail through the elastic, leave the ends tucked in to create a messy, loose bun. 4. Brush bangs flat and curl longest layer with a 1-inch curling iron for added bounce and texture. 5. Spray hair thoroughly with hairspray for an all-day hold. See More Amber Tamblyn Hairstyles
Rooney Mara, Funky, Black Updo with Straight Bangs
Katy Perry Edgy, Funky, Party Updo
Katy Perry's Edgy, Funky, Party Updo works best if you have shorter hair. See how to get the look:
1. To get Katy Perry's hairstyle, start by teasing all your hair at the crown of your head with a teasing comb.
2. Lift up the top section of your hair and slip a Bumpit underneath. Smooth the section of hair back over it, and pin it down to hide the hair tool.
3. Apply a generous amount of styling gel to the sides of your hair, and slick them back with your hands.
4. Use bobby pins to pin down any ends that are sticking out at the back of your head. Mist all over with strong-hold hairspray to finish.
For Katy’s volumized look, leave the hair at the crown out of the equation when creating the ponytail. Curl with a large barrel and tease for volume. To smooth the look, apply frizz polish or wax. Secure with hair pin.
See More Katy Perry Hairstyles
Alicia Keys Chic, Edgy, Funky, Black, Party Updo
Evan Rachel Wood Edgy, Funky, Sophisticated, Blonde Updo with Braids and Twists
Michelle Williams Short, Blonde Hairstyle with Highlights
Maria Menounos Edgy, Funky, Party Updo with Highlights
Nicole Richie Straight, Chic, Funky, Blonde, Party Updo with Bangs
Kelly Obsbourne Straight, Funky, Edgy Updo
Scarlett Johansson Chic, Funky, Blonde Updo with Braids and Twists and Highlights
Scarlett Johansson's Chic, Funky, Blonde Updo with Braids and Twists and Highlights adds a polished vibe to any look. Steal her style with celebrity hairstylist Duffy's tips:
1. To get Scarlett Johansson's hairstyle, start by washing your hair with hydrating shampoo to add moisture.
2. Towel dry your hair and apply a generous amount of styling cream to your hair, from root to tips. Rough dry your hair with a blow dryer until the product is absorbed.
3. When your hair is completely dry, use a 1-inch curling iron to curl the entire head, starting at the front. After your curls cool, brush through them to smooth them into waves.
4. Part your hair to the side. Separate your hair into four equal sections around the head, starting at the crown and moving downwards. Backcomb each section and spray the roots with strong hold hairspray.
5. Working against the part, twist each section horizontally against the head around both the sides and back, and secure with pins. Allow the wave to show through the front section.
6. Mist all over with shine spray to finish.
See More Scarlett Johansson Hairstyles
Gwen Stefani Funky, Edgy, Sophisticated, Blonde Updo
Fergie Chic, Edgy, Funky, Blonde Updo
Leona Lewis Sexy, Sophisticated, Edgy, Funky, Brunette, Party Updo
Katy Perry Romantic, Funky, Party Updo
Katy Perry's Romantic, Funky, Party Updo looks uber-sophisticated. Here's how Frederic Fekkai stylist Renato Campora created it for the 2011 AMA's:
1. To get Katy Perry's hairstyle, start by applying a texturizing spray gel to wet hair to give it a firm base.
2. Blow dry your hair while brushing it through with a flat brush.
3. Once your hair is completely dry, use a 1-inch curling iron throughout your hair to create body while giving it a sturdy foundation.
4. Use a teasing comb to heavily tease your hair all over. Push the front of the hair forward, and wrap the rest into a French twist. Secure it with hairpins.
5. Finish by spraying your hair with strong-hold hairspray to keep it in place.
See More Katy Perry Hairstyles
Alison Brie Funky, Sophisticated, Edgy, Party, Brunette Updo
Katerina Graham Edgy, Funky, Black Updo with Bangs
Bella Thorne Funky, Party, Red Updo with Bangs
Bella Thorne's Funky, Party, Red Updo with Bangs is so light and carefree, you'll have so much fun wearing it. Steal her style:
1. To get Bella Thorne's hairstyle, start with day old hair (it'll have more hold, which you'll need for this updo).
2. Using a paddle brush, brush all of your hair into a ponytail at the very top of your head. Wrap an elastic around the base of the pony twice, but on the third time, don't pull your ends all the way through the elastic to create a large loop.
3. Run a flat iron over your bangs, and mist all over with strong-hold hairspray to finish.
See More Bella Thorne Hairstyles
Nicki Minaj Edgy, Funky Updo
Nicki Minaj's Edgy, Funky Updo is a funky way to play with bright colors. See how:
1. To get Nicki Minaj's hairstyle, start with your natural hair. Blow dry it straight using a round brush, and use a flat iron to smooth it over your ears.
2. For the best results, you'll want to use fake hair to create this look. Twist the different colors into buns, and pile them on your head.
3. Use bobby pins and hairclips to secure them to your hair, tucking the ends into the hairstyle to hide them.
4. Mist all over with strong-hold hairspray to keep the look in place.
See More Nicki Minaj Hairstyles
Zooey Deschanel Tousled, Funky, Brunette Updo with Bangs
Brittany Daniel Short, Straight, Funky, Edgy, Blonde Updo
Jenna Jameson Funky, Blonde Updo
Katerina Graham Funky, Black Updo
Rihanna Curly, Red, Funky Updo
Rihanna's flirty hairstyle will have all eyes on you. See how to get the look:
1. Don't wash your hair the night before -- this look won't hold on squeaky clean hair.
2. Use a 1-inch curling iron to curl the bottom half of your hair, twisting the barrel in different directions.
3. Sweep all of your hair back into a tousled updo, and secure it with bobby pins. Pull out a few curls here and there to add a quirky feel.
4. Now slip on a fun headband and curl a few pieces of hair around your face. Mist all over with strong-hold hairspray to finish.
See More Rihanna Hairstyles
Hilary Duff Party, Edgy, Tousled, Brunette Updo
Gwen Stefani Funky, Blonde Updo
Kelly Osbourne Funky, Blonde Updo
Natalie Portman Funky, Romantic Updo
Heidi Klum Edgy Blonde Updo
Heidi Klum Funky, Edgy, Updo
Christina Aguilera Funky, Edgy, Blonde Updo
Jessica Alba Straight, Edgy, Funky Updo
Jessica Alba's teased updo is a super chic look. Steal her style:
1. Spritz damp roots with volumizing spray and let it set while you air dry your hair.
2. Once your hair is dry, use a teasing comb to backcomb the top of your head.
3. When you reach the height you want, mist your hair with hairspray until it feels slightly stiff, and gently comb it back.
4. Gather all of your hair into a bun, and secure it with bobby pins. Make sure to leave volume at the top, or all that work from steps 1-3 will be for nothing.
See More Jessica Alba Hairstyles
Jennifer Lopez Funky, Edgy, Brunette Updo
Queen Latifah Straight, Funky, Chic Updo
Katie Price Funky, Black, Coarse Updo
Mena Suvari Funky, Edgy, Brunette Updo
Jessica Lowndes Funky, Edgy, Black Updo
Jessica Lowndes' feathered side ponytail gives off a fun, funky 80's vibe. Steal her style:
1. This look works best on unwashed hair. Spritz dry hair with shine spray and comb through until it's smooth and straight.
2. Part your hair down the center and pull all of your hair to one side. Tie it into a high ponytail.
3. Now it's time to rat your pony. Use a fine-tooth comb to tease your hair from the base of your ponytail to the ends until it looks fluffy.
4. Put some pomade on your fingers and rub the ends of your pony to finish the look.
Amanda Seyfried Chic, Blonde Hairstyle with Braids and Twists
Katherine Jenkins Funky, Blonde Updo
Vera Farmiga Funky, Sophisticated Updo
Kate Beckinsale Funky, Brunette Updo
Elizabeth Banks Funky Updo
1. Tease the top of your hair to create volume (this may take awhile, you want a lot of volume) and smooth over the top layer.
2. Pull hair back into a bun, keeping the sides sleek but being careful not to crush the volume on top you just created.
3. Lightly mist with hairspray to keep in place.