No time for a shower? No worries. These styles will keep that day-old (or week-old) hair looking good, no matter the situation
How amazing is this look? You'll feel so gorgeous wearing it, you'll forget that you haven't washed your hair in days. It's complicated, but it's worth a try with Scarbrough's step-by-step tutorial:
1. First, spray your hair with a shine spray like Redken Mineral Elixir, $12.99, to break up the hair and make it easier to work with.
2. Next, pull the top half of your hair up to the crown of your head, leaving the bottom half out. Pin this top section to keep it out of the way.
3. Then flip your head upside down and braid the bottom half of your hair into a standard French braid, starting from the nape of your neck. Braid your hair all the way up your head until you reach the area where you've set aside the rest of your hair. Pin the ends of the braid in place.
4. Now flip your head back up. Take out the top half of your hair and secure it into a high ponytail (include any loose ends from the French braid that are dangling out). Mist the ponytail with hairspray, and gently backcomb it with a teasing comb to rough up the texture.
5. Separate the teased pony into three sections and wrap each one around the pony into a pinwheel shape. Pin down the ends with bobby pins to hide them. If there are any loose pieces, wrap them around the bun and pin them down with more bobby pins.
6. Finish by spraying your updo with a ton of hairspray to keep it in place.
Photo credit: http://thebeautydepartment.com
for signing up!
Please add us to your safe send list
so our emails land in your inbox.