Follow this guide to get the perfect curls and beachy waves you want, minus any forehead and ear burns
Once your hair is prepped and your curling iron is at the right temperature (below 200 degrees for fine hair, and between 200 to 300 degrees for thicker hair), follow these steps to get bouncy curls that won't fall flat before lunch:
1. Divide your dry hair into manageable sections, and clip them up. The more hair you have, the more sections you'll need to create.
2. Start with the section of hair nearest the nape of your neck. Comb through it, and mist the section with lightweight hairspray to create a base for the iron.
3. Using a 1/2-inch to 1-inch iron, place the clamp over the ends of your hair and roll up the section until it is completely around the barrel. Keep your hair in place for 10 to 20 seconds, and then release the clamp.
4. At this point, if your hair is having a hard time holding the curl, roll it back up and secure it to your head with a clip to let it cool. You can place a small piece of tissue or toilet paper between the clip and your hair to avoid creating a crimped mark, says Moticka.
5. Continue curling your hair in sections until your entire head is curled. Finger comb through your curls gently, and mist them with strong-hold hairspray to finish.
for signing up!
Please add us to your safe send list
so our emails land in your inbox.