We challenged ourselves to copy celebrity styles using only bargain products. You won't believe how it turned out
Who tried it: Ashley Roberts, Photo Editor/Designer
Approximate primping time: 15 minutes on her hair, 6 minutes on her makeup
What she used:
For her hair:
• Pantene Fine Hair Solutions Flat to Volume Shampoo and Conditioner, $6.99
• Pantene Fine Hair Solutions Root Lifter Spray Gel, $4.49
• Pantene Fine Hair Solutions Professional Level Style Shaping Hairspray, $3.99
• Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Water-Based Shine Wax, $8.95 (tiny bit to create pieceyness)
• Revlon Ceramic Curling Iron, 1 1/4 inch, $9.49
For her makeup:
• L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fairest Nude, $5
• Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Gloss, $8.99
• Maybelline Mousse Blush in Peach Satin, $7.50
• CoverGirl Blush in Shimmering Sands, $5.49
• Jane Shimmering Bronzer in 20 Fiji, $5.99 (used on eyelids)
• CoverGirl Outlast Smoothwear Eyeliner in Onyx, $6.18
• CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Silver Spark, $6.99
• Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil in Dark Blonde, $7.49
Her thoughts: I chose this because she looks effortless and ready for summer. I love her tousled piecey hair. I was hoping the eye makeup would make my eyes pop when combined with the nude lip. I found the hair especially to be super easy because with this look the messier the better. All I did was curl my ends, spray with hairspray, then pin back pieces into a messy bun.
for signing up!
Please add us to your safe send list
so our emails land in your inbox.