Celebrity makeup artist Lusine Galadjian tells us how to get a perfect ’60s cat eye:
1. First, cover your entire lid with a neutral base color eyeshadow of your choice, using either a brush or your finger.
2. Next, use a liquid liner like, the Lancome Artliner, $29, and start a thin line from the inner corner of your eye all the way across.
3. When you reach the outer corner of your eye, continue the line up and out toward your brow line. The angle can depend on your preference and comfort level.
4. For a dramatic cat eye, retrace your lashline with the liquid liner, making sure to stay very thin at the inner corners and gradually get thicker toward the outer corners, finally ending with a very thin point.
5. Wait a minute for the liner to dry, and then finish by curling your lashes and applying two coats of mascara, like NARS Larger Than Life Mascara, $25.