Miley Cyrus’ Makeup
Approximate primping time: 20 minutes
What she used:
• CoverGirl TruBlend Minerals Pressed Mineral Foundation in 2 Creamy Natural, $12.99
• Milani HD Advanced Concealer, $7.99
• Physician’s Formula Bamboo Wear Bronzer in Medium, $10
• Maybelline New York Lip Liner in Toast, $6.50
• Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Champagne Shimmer, $5.54
• CoverGirl Wetslicks Amazemint Lip Gloss in Freedom of Peach, $4.99
• Maybelline New York Eyestudio Quad 40, $6.49
• N.Y.C. Liquid Eyeliner in Black, $2.20
• CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner in Violet Voltage, $6.99
• Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eyeshadow in Lawless Lavender, $7
• Maybelline Eyestudio Quad 80, $6.49
• Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Voluptous Mascara, $7.49
Her thoughts: This makeup look is a little deceiving. I thought it would be really simple, but it took me a good 20 minutes to do. Everything up until the eyes was simple — I used foundation on my entire face and applied a little bit of concealer under my eyes. I then applied bronzer to my cheeks, forehead, and chin to get a little color. For my lips, I lined them and filled them in with lip liner, then applied lipstick. I also dabbed a touch of lipgloss to the center of my lips for some extra shine.
Now for the eyes, I first applied a bronze eye shadow from my lash line to my crease. Then applied the gold shimmery shadow right under my eyebrows. I then applied black liquid eyeliner to my top lash line (kind of thick) and a little on the inside of my bottom lashline. After that, I used purple liner on my bottom lash line, then smudged it. That didn’t recreate the purple look that Miley Cyrus had, so I applied more and smudged more. After a few tries, I then applied lavender eyeshadow under my eye. I had to apply it a few times to get the purple to really stand out. I applied just a little more purple eyeliner and smudged it more, then applied a silver-colored eyeshadow to the inside corners of my eyes. For my lashes, I applied two coats of mascara.
Since the eye makeup took longer than I expected, I’ll probably only try this look again if I’m going out or to an event.