1. For this style, it’s best to use dirty/day-old hair. Spray hair with a shine and texturizing product, like Pureology Colour Stylist Cuticle Polisher, $28, and create a side part.
2. Using hair from the larger side of your part, take a 2-inch section of hair from where your part begins. Begin French braiding your hair along the side of your head until the braid reaches the nape of your neck.
3. Repeat with a similar braid on the other side of your head.
4. At the nape of your neck, braid the hair from both sides into one loose braid.
5. Wrap the braid into a bun at the nape of your neck, and secure with an elastic and bobby pins.
6. Gently loosen the braids on the sides using your fingers. Finish with a strong-hold hairspray.