1. Begin with damp hair. Apply a thickening mousse to your hair and distribute evenly.
2. Create a deep side part and blow dry your hair using a round brush.
3. Next, divide your hair into small sections. Start five inches from the base of your hair, and curl each section with a 1-inch curling iron. Carefully slide out the iron, clip each curl, and allow them to cool.
4. Once all your hair is curled and cooled, remove the clips, and gently brush the curls. They should relax into gorgeous waves.
5. Tuck the hair from the smaller side of the part behind your ear.
6. Use a comb and hairspray to tame flyaways on the top of your head — the part that should remain straight.
7. Finish by spraying the entire look with strong-hold hairspray.